The University of Bern strives to provide a child and family-friendly infrastructure. Here you will find, among other things, information on parent/child rooms, as well as the locations of changing tables, medical and nursing rooms.
The following roadmap shows an overview of all family-friendly places at the University of Bern, including breastfeeding rooms and changing tables.
Entrances, as well as locations of accessible toilets, breastfeeding/medical rooms, and changing tables are marked on the respective building plans.
- vonRoll building: room A015
- Unitobler: room D411, Muesmattstr.45 (fridge included), for a key contact the dean`s office of the faculty of humanities, for questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- GIUB (Hallerstr.12): room 306, contact: email@example.com
- In the buildings Unitobler, UniS, Uni Hauptgebäude, Uni H6, ExWi, Bühlplatzareal (Freiestr.3) und Uni Engehalde in the respective medical rooms. Please contact the Office for Gender Equality before initial use.
- Insel area: IFIK, MEM
- Small Animal Clinic: room 065, Länggassstrasse 128 (for employees of the Vetsuisse Faculty)
- Murtenstrasse 24-28 (DBMR): Room 040 (Murtenstrasse 24). The room cannot be locked as it is also used as a first-aid room. Furnishing plan.
- In all toilets for the mobility impaired
- UniS: In the entrance hall cube (WC-D)
- Unitobler: room D411 or WC on the first basement floor
- H6: medical room on the first basement floor
- ExWi: medical room on the ground floor
- Baltzerstrasse 6 (IEE): Women's toilet D171, 1st floor
Parent/child rooms serve as work or play room in case when you are not sure who is going to look after your child, as a meeting place when bringing the child with you, for breastfeeding or as a relaxation room for students and employees of the Bern University of Teacher Education and the University of Bern as well as for visitors.
- vonRoll: room B002
- Main building: room 012
- Uni Mittelstrasse: room -111
- IBMM, Bühlstrasse 28: room 233 use
- Vetsuisse 124c: 1. Floor: Information
- Baltzerstrasse 1, room 202: Information
In cooperation with SUB KiStE - children, study, parenthood the student body of the University of Bern, play boxes have been installed. They are filled with toys for children of all ages and invite to play.
- Mobile play box in SUB-house onLerchenweg 32 (inner courtyard Uni Tobler): available during opening hours.
- Mobile play box in parent/child room on Mittelstrasse (room-111).
- Permanently installed play box in the lobby at the UniS.
Highchairs (for children) in the Cafeterias
In the following student cafeterias, highchairs for children are available: Mensa Gesellschaftsstrasse, Mensa & Cafeteria vonRoll, UNIESS Bistro Bar Lounge and Mensa Unitobler.